Today, many people often choose Scandinavian style to design and construct their apartments. So what is Scandinavian style? What is it about them that makes them so popular? If you want to get the most accurate answer, then read the article below with Viking Sons Of Odin.
What is Scandinavian style?
Learn about Scandinavian style in interior design
Scandinavian style (also known as Nordic) is a style with a balanced combination of 3 elements: beauty – minimalism – convenient function. Currently, this style is very popular because of its simplicity, warmth, and ventilation, creating a comfortable living space.
Referring to the Nordic interior style, it is impossible not to mention the materials made from natural woods, leather and fur that resonate with white and earth colors. Scandinavian interior style gradually becomes an endless source of inspiration for architects around the world. Therefore, it is not difficult to understand that this is one of the outstanding 2022 interior design trends.
You can watch more reference videos below:
2. Characteristics of Scandinavian interior style
- Wood: A material that always appears in Nordic interior style. The most commonly used wood is teak. Using wood to decorate your home with more vitality and warmth is a choice that is never wrong.
- Stone: In addition to wood, stone is also an important material in creating Scandinavian design. The stone used for Scandinavian interiors will usually be pure white stone to decorate in important positions such as wall cladding, kitchen surfaces. One point to note is that in Scandinavian design, marble will never be used.
- Fur: Emphasizing simplicity, Nordic interior design uses mostly furs when decorating each space of the apartment. Fur makes the interior space become luxurious, used as carpet or decoration on the wall.
Fur decoration in Scandinavian style
Besides, you can also combine white with other color systems: cream, black, light gray, turquoise, etc. to help reduce the monotony of the space and increase the youthfulness. Lightness and visual neutrality are the criteria when there is a desire to design a space in a beautiful Nordic style.
Scandinavian colors are usually monochromatic
Nordic interior style colors are usually gentle and good visual neutralization
Block "homewhite" not found
2.3. The light
Lighting is a decisive factor for European-style interior designs. For Scandinavians, it is even more important. To get natural light sources, most Nordic designs combine wide window frames with thin white curtains.
Natural light in Scandinavian minimalist interior design
At the same time, you also have to make the most of artificial light sources to ensure the inherent lightness and comfort of Scandinavian style by using decorative lights such as rattan lamps, copper lamps or lamps. paper lanterns.
Natural and artificial light are two important elements in Nordic interior designs
- Trees: Natural items are increasingly popular in Nordic interior designs, typically bamboo and rattan. Besides, green plants, feng shui plants also have a special place in this style, helping the room feel less overwhelmed. In addition, a painting depicting the nature of Northern Europe also creates a high aesthetic value for your apartment.
Green plants make the room airy, making you more comfortable
Nordic style interior model decorated with lots of green plants
- Fireplace: When designing a house in the Scandinavian style, fireplaces are a must-have item because they not only bring warmth but also closely link with the floor and ceiling, making your living space complete. perfect.
- Texture: With simple criteria, the motifs used to decorate Scandinavian design style also become simple, often will be plaid and checkered motifs. However, in order to create depth for interior spaces, it is now time to start using basic white and black tones or geometric motifs inspired by peoples around the world.
Minimalist Scandinavian style makeup space with smooth textures | Viking Sons Of Odin
Simple motifs of Nordic design
Block "homewhite" not found
Furniture should be arranged in the appropriate proportions for each interior space and accompanying style. For Scandinavian Style, you can use Folding style wooden chairs or large sofa sets as accents. What a great combination, isn’t it?
Minimalist furniture for the bathroom
Scandinavian design living room interior
Nordic bedroom interior design
3. The hottest Scandinavian interior design in 2022
Below, Viking Sons Of Odin invites you to follow the favorite Scandinavian-style interior designs in 2019. Click here to discover it
3.1. Living room
The living room is the place that shows the boldest Nordic or Scandinavian interior design style. Because this area stands out for the guests when entering the house and has a larger area than other rooms.
Impressive living room through Scandinavian design
Living room with full amenities
Luxurious interior in Scandinavian design style
With the use of monochrome colors for the Nordic-style bedroom, you will only see comfort, comfort and relaxation after tired and stressful working hours. Besides, black and gray tones also contribute to making your bedroom space more cozy.
Bedroom with high quality furniture
The bedroom has a door system that allows natural light
Thanks to the design of large windows in Scandinavian interior style, the kitchen space is always airy, the dark and heavy feeling is quickly broken, leaving an open and outstanding space.
Luxurious and comfortable kitchen
Scandinavian style will help your living space get the most cozy and comfortable. If you are in need of interior design in this style, please contact Viking Sons Of Odin for detailed and thoughtful advice.